The original two-storey “Bickford” residence was constructed in 1914. It was Brigadier General Harold Child Bickford’s home along with his family and 5 siblings. Ranelagh Park, as the estate was called, was a large property that extended to the Scarborough Bluffs. In 1921, the family moved to Buffalo, NY for real estate investments and polo.
The main building was organized in a butterfly plan, wrapping around an entrance drive and porte-cochere. The ground floor was organized around a large entrance hall with a wide wooden staircase on the left side and library on the right.